Friday, August 24, 2012

You wanna WHAT my imperfections?!...

So..I am all for the digital age (says the blogger who has NO IDEA how to post images of arm swatches of eye shadow colors) But what I am not down with is digital lingo in my cosmetic advertising. Recently Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation and Maybelline's Dream BB cream have promised to BLUR our imperfections. What?! I am not a logo on a reality show, or a genital shot in a magazine okay! I have no desire to have my imperfections Blurred. I want them covered, damn it! Hidden, invisible, concealed, GONE- anything but blurred. When I hear that word I think of the faces in new digital horror movies like The Intruder, One Missed Call or hell, even The Ring. What I don't envision is the pimple on my cheek digitially remastered by being blurred. I feel the advertising departments of said products failed big time on these campaigns. Maybe I'm old, maybe young girls (and middle aged women) across America can't wait to have "their imperfections blurred", but it just doesn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong- I love the lighter feel, skin like textures of the newest foundations, but they still promise a buildable COVERAGE-to COVER my imperfections!I don't know... maybe if I use these products and run real fast passed a camera...

    In product news...Maybelline Color Tattoo has released some fall limited edition colors in their eye shadow line. I picked up two of them yesterday (at Walgreens- Buy one get one HALF OFF!) The colors I chose were recommended by a YouTube Guru, EmilyNoel83. She never steers her viewers wrong..LOVE HER! I purchased the Barely Beige and Mossy Green-per suggestion. The Barely Beige will make a perfect primer for eye shadows, and a perfect base for a smoky or ombre look. The Mossy Green is just GORGEOUS! I myself have, droopy puppy dog, deep set hooded eyes. That's right-everything that could possible prevent the smokiest cat-eye-iest looks is right here rolled into one person! Because my sockets are deep, I have a great socket line- but accentuating it makes me look hollow. The placement of my socket bones prevent a good cat eye, which I despair everyday I look at Gwen Stefani, and the hood part makes all eye shadow invisible.."Why buy eye shadow?" you ask..A. because I love it, B. it's my job as a makeup artist to have a variety of products and C. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean I won't pile it on!! Alas, my faults will not hinder my bringing the latest products to your blogasphere! I have also recently purchased a "wish-list" product I have been drooling over..Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX 04. I have not quite mastered this foundation/cover up/concealer/highlighting tub of wonder yet. The Great Wayne Goss recommends a wet beauty blender sponge, so this weekend I will buy a new one (my cat thought my one posed a threat to my safety and promptly destroyed it. He is still coughing up pink fluff) and master a technique so I can tell you all about it! I know you will be on pins and needles waiting, but be patient my lovelies. Monday I will also have a good opinion about the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation that has all the the UK's beauty gurus' knickers in a bunch...So, tune in Monday when Jennifer says."Tom Ford wants HOW MUCH for a bronzer?!"

remember..It's About Life, about love, about feeling beautiful and always..AboutFace!

No comments:

Post a Comment